Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Writing Life June 2014

I think this is the best time ever. Period.  It took ten years but I finally got my first book out into the world and now people are beginning to read it and tell me what they think. It's all I ever wished for. I can't hope that everyone will love it, but I think I can hope that some people will love it and others will at least like it.And what's to hate about a fast, fun read?

But what I can secretly hope for is that somehow over time there will be people who will go back and read it more slowly. Take time to lift the flaps and look into the nooks and crannies, to notice the goodies I put there for people to find.  Or not. Perhaps it will only ever be me who lifts the flaps, smiles a little, and lets them back down. That would be all right too.


No comments:

Post a Comment